Hey everyone! I was cleaning my pantry today and realized I had a giant bag of cranberries that were going to expire soon so I decided to do some baking with them. I went with cranberry white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Mostly because it was on the back of the bag of Ocean Spray cranberries and because I couldn’t find many other recipes that used cranberries with ingredients I already had.
First mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add eggs and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture little by little, mixing well each time. Next add the cranberries and chocolate chips and stir them in.
Scoop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. No need to leave lots of space between the cookies because they don’t spread much. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Move to a wire rack to cool.
The cookies turned out pretty good. They had a crunchy outside and soft chewy inside. They were a little too “healthy” for me for a cookie. I like sweet, milk chocolatey, rich cookies but I did eat a couple so they couldn’t be that bad. My 1 year really seemed to enjoy them but she enjoys most things. I don’t know if I’d make these again because to be honest if I’m going to waste the calories on cookies they need to be amazing!
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add portions of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add cranberries and chocolate chips and stir.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.