I hope everyone is having a great start to the long weekend. After returning to work this past week, I am really thankful for a long weekend to spend time with my little one. After she went to bed last night, I decided to do some baking. I seem to always have those last few extra bananas kicking around so am constantly making some sort of banana bread recipe and love to try different kinds. Last night I decided to try this Pinterest recipe, for strawberry banana bread.
This one was pretty easy to make and was a nice twist on the classic banana bread recipe. The strawberries offered a little extra sweetness into every other bite. I also had all the ingredients on hand besides the white flour which I just substituted with whole wheat flour.
The recipe also requires strawberries and butter. (The butter was in the microwave and my baby was eating the strawberries lol) I used my stand mixer bowl and first creamed the butter and sugar together until it was light and fluffy.
In a smaller bowl beat the eggs with a fork then add to the sugar mixture. Beat until the mixture is smooth then add the mashed bananas.
Sift all the dry ingredients together then slowly add to the banana mixture. Do not over mix.
Cover the strawberries in flour then fold into the banana mixture.
Pour the batter into 2 9×5 sprayed loaf pans and bake at 375F for 15 minutes. Then lower the heat to 350F and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pans and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries chopped and tossed in 1 tbsp of flour
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray 2 9×5 loaf pans.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with a fork and combine with sugar mixture.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix.
- Sift all dry ingredients together then slowly add to the banana mixture until flour is just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in flour covered strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the previously prepared loaf pans.
- Bake at 375F for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 30 minutes. Let cool completely before removing.