Hey guys! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I made these cookies last night off this recipe on Pinterest and had to share them with you guys today. They were sooo good. They really did taste like brownies and I may have already eaten 5 or 6 of them.
The only ingredient I had to run out and get was walnuts otherwise I had it all. These aren’t the healthiest cookies but they are gluten and dairy free.
I bought chopped walnuts and then chopped them even smaller so my one year old could eat them. Once they are all chopped up lay them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 6 minutes. Leave to the side to cool a bit.
Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl mix egg whites until well combined.
You want them to be white and foamy, not stiff. Should only take a couple of minutes then add vanilla.
Set aside and in a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients; powdered sugar, cocoa, salt, walnuts and chocolate chips.
Stir all the ingredients together.
Then add the whole bowl of dry ingredients to the egg white mixture and stir until well combined. It should be shiny and thick.
Next scoop big scoops (2 tbls) onto your cookie sheet. I love the Pampered Chef cookie scoop, it works perfectly for this. The original recipe said to space several inches apart, only 6 cookies per sheet but I found 9 per sheet worked perfectly well.
Bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes. The cookies will look shiny and cracked when done. Let them cool for a few minutes then move to a cooling rack. This recipe will make 20-22 cookies.
They are soft, chewy and fudgy on the inside with a crunchy outside. My daughter really enjoyed them too!
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Chop walnuts and bake on a cookie sheet for 6 minutes at 350F. Set aside to cool.
- Lay 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the egg whites until white and foamy. Should only take a couple minutes, you don’t want them to get stiff.
- Add vanilla to the egg whites and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg white mixture and stir until well combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Scoop large scoops (2 tbls) onto cookie sheet and place several inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes at 350F. Cookies will appear shiny and slightly cracked when done.
- Cool for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Hope you enjoy as much as my little and I did!