Hey everyone another late night post here. I really loved doing my Green With Envy and Purple Reign inspiration boards so thought it was time to do another. These are great to do because they make me think of ways to add some colour to my wardrobe and embrace some of the fashion trends going around. And it puts notice on me to actually try some of the things I share with you.
I decided to do what I’m calling sunset fashion. You know the colours I’m talking about; the yellows, oranges, and corals. They are such bright summery colours and we have a whole month of summer left so I thought this would be the perfect time to add a few pieces to my wardrobe. It’s also the perfect time because I have a tan and usually can’t wear these colours as they make my skin appear to have a weird green tinge.
So here it is my sunset fashion inspiration board!
(None of the photos above are mine. All photos were found online and all credits go to the original owners.)
- Handbags: I always have to include a handbag because I just love having as many different colours as I can. This one is from Kate Spade and is listed as cherry pepper and is described as a bright orange-red. It would definitely add a nice pop to any outfit.
- Shoes: I chose some coral coloured sneakers from Toms and some yellow lace up flats from Old Navy. Both are fun colours and would be perfect accessories for a lot of different summer outfits and occasions. I also like how both of these could be carried into the fall season.
- Make-up: Almost every make-up brand will carry a coral eye shadow like on my inspiration board above. I’m pretty sure I already own a few make-up palettes that contain a similar colour. I definitely will have to try one of them. Now let’s talk lip colour! These are both Lipsense colours and if you haven’t read my Lipsense review you really should. This stuff is incredible! I just got both of these colours and will try one tomorrow.
- Nails: I love that coral colour from Essie and nail colour is a great way to start adding colour!
- Clothes: The floral coral sweater is from a small handmade shop that I discovered shopping for my daughter. It’s called Bear and Roo and the mama who runs it makes the most darling clothes for kids and really good quality pieces for mom too. The orange romper and coral pants are from Old Navy. They always have so many colour options for this basic style of pants. They are a good price so you can get a new colour every season! The sunflower dress is from Urban Outfitters which is probably one of my favourite places to shop. The other dress is also from a handmade shop I discovered shopping for my daughter. It’s called Jax and Lennon and it has the prettiest dresses for mom and babe.
Who else loves these bright summery colours but doesn’t wear them very often? Embrace your sun kissed skin and try a bold colour! I’d love to see or hear how you incorporated these colours into your own summer fashion!