Hey guys. I had a little chocolate craving tonight so of course I went over to Pinterest to look through my recipe board and came across this recipe. I didn’t even have to go out for any of the ingredients. I already had them all in my pantry!
These brownies are vegetarian, gluten free and paleo. They are also super easy to make! Mix all ingredients in a bowl by hand or with a hand mixer.
Then bake for 18 minutes. I actually had to bake mine for an extra 3 minutes. Not sure if it’s my oven or the recipe. Just make sure the center isn’t still wet when you pull them out.
You need to let them cool for 30 minutes afterwards to get that fudgy texture. Waiting is always the hardest part! Make sure you pour a glass of milk because these are super chocolatey. I’d definitely make these again but would add nuts. They needed a little something extra.
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour MINUS 2tbs.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup PLUS 2 tbs. of coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs at room temperature (no egg substitutes)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1/3 dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking dish (8×8 or 9×9).
- Mix all ingredients together by hand or with a hand mixer.
- Pour into dish and bake for 18 minutes or longer (until toothpick comes out with some crumbs).
- Cool for 30 minutes before cutting or removing from the pan. (This will give you the fudgy center)!