Hey guys! Tonight’s post is another Pinterest review. It’s for No Bake Coconut Snowballs. You know I’m always on the lookout for “healthier” versions of sweets and I love coconut anything so I definitely had to try these!
I really liked how they turned out. They weren’t as good as Bounty bars but I bet if you switched the dark chocolate for milk chocolate then they’d taste almost the same!
The ingredients were pretty simple and I already had everything I needed at home.
First mix shredded coconut and coconut oil in the food processor on high speed. Once it’s a little thicker than add the syrup, coconut milk (I didn’t have coconut milk and instead used almond milk), vanilla extract and salt. Once it’s a liquid like paste then add more coconut and mix until all ingredients combine to make a batter.
Next roll the mixture into little balls and refrigerate until firm, at least an hour.
Next melt the chocolate over medium heat. The original poster didn’t have any specific measurements so I just dumped a bunch of chocolate in the pot. When it’s melted roll each coconut ball into the chocolate.
Next sprinkle the chocolate covered balls with the extra coconut and pop in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- 1 3/4 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbls maple syrup
- 2 tbls unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- organic dark chocolate
- Combine the shredded coconut (1 cup) and coconut oil in the food processor and mix until it reaches a butter like consistency.
- Add the maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract and salt and mix together.
- Add 3/4C of coconut until the mixture is a batter like consistency.
- Roll into small balls and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate over medium heat.
- Dip the coconut balls into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with coconut and place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you like them as much as I did!