Hey everyone! I loved doing my Green with Envy post and even bought 2 of the items off the inspiration board. My sister is always telling me how boring I am with colours so I thought I’d do another inspiration board to try and add some more colour in my life.
I decided to go with purple because of some of my daughters recent outfits. She received so many compliments on both purple themed outfits and I was told it was “her colour” by so many people. I decided I was going to try some pops of purple in my life too. When I looked in my closet, I realized I had nothing purple and that’s how the inspiration board was born!
(None of the photos above are mine. All photos were found online and all credits go to the original owners.)
There were so many shades of purple I fell in love with! I seriously want all of these things!
Let Purple Reign Over Your Life:
- Flowers: There are so many different purple flowers. I love a vase of fresh flowers on the kitchen counter especially like those hydrangeas above. I tried growing purple hydrangeas in my garden last year but they died quite fast.
- Decor Items: The easiest way to add colour to your life is through decor. Throw pillows, vases, mirrors, frames, candles, the ideas are endless. If you have a neutral theme in your decor like I do then you can add any colour to brighten it up.
- Hair: Purple is huge in hair trends this past year. I’m really debating trying some subtle purple highlights to my hair at my next appointment.
- Clothes: I love the look of the 2 outfits on my board. Purple looks great with black and I definitely need a purple dress or skirt. And you can never go wrong with Lululemon Wunder Under leggings.
- Shoes: I love those Nike shoes I designed on their website! It’s hard to see on this little picture but they even have sparkles! The heels are great too, I’ve actually been on the lookout for purple heels for quite some time now but hate ordering shoes online and had no luck in store.
- Makeup: The lipstick in the inspiration board is actually called Purple Reign. It’s by Lipsense and I am so excited for my order of this to come in. You can also get a lot of different shades of purple in eye shadows and nail polishes. It’s such an easy way to add purple to your life.
- Jewelry: I’ve wanted a pair of Hilberg and Berk sparkle ball earrings for ever and these lavender ones are beautiful. Let’s talk abut that watch! I just bought the rose gold one from Michael Kors but their new purple line is amazing!
- Handbags: I already have a Guess handbag that has purple accents that I really like so I didn’t look for a new one but I did love the cosmetic case from Louis Vuitton.
Is anyone else in love with purple? How are some ways you have incorporated purple into your lives?