Hey guys. I haven’t been posting as often because these NHL playoffs are intense! Here’s a late night Pinterest review of some cookies I baked during the game.
I’m always looking for somewhat healthier versions of cookies for my little girl. These ones were great. They are gluten free, dairy free, egg free and refined sugar free.
First mix the wet ingredients; honey, vanilla, and coconut oil. Then add the salt. I just mixed it with a spoon in a small bowl. This batch only makes about 12 cookies.
Next add the dry ingredients minus the chocolate chips; baking soda, coconut flour, and almond flour. Mix it together then you can add the chocolate chips.
After it’s all mixed together let it sit for about 10 minutes. This allows the coconut flour to absorb the moisture. Next scoop the dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Scoop about 1 1/2 tsp portions onto the sheet. Flatten the cookies a bit with the back of your spoon as they don’t spread out like normal cookies.
Bake for 12 minutes and then let cool before transferring to a cooling rack.
I was a little skeptical of this cookie. I mean gluten, dairy, egg, refined sugar free usually means taste free haha I was surprised at how well they turned out! They were soft and chewy with that subtle coconut sweetness. And they had a little crunch to them, not sure if that was on purpose or if it’s because I forgot about them and cooked them 2 minutes longer than I was supposed to. Either way they tasted great!
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add the baking soda, coconut flour, and almond flour then mix together and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Let the cookie dough sit for 10 minutes to absorb the moisture.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tsp on the cookie sheet and flatten a bit with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Let me know if you try these and what you think of them or if you have any go to healthier cookie recipes!