Hey everyone! I was sitting at home tonight and my little one was sleeping and I got a mad craving for chocolate. Of course I didn’t have any because I tend not to buy junk food or else I’ll just eat it all in one day but that logic did not help my craving tonight. Sooo what do I do? Pinterest of course!
Triple chocolate kiss cookies with a super chocolatey center and crisp sugary coating is how this Pinterest poster described them and that was all I needed to read!
These cookies did not disappoint and are definitely for chocolate lovers. They are like little brownie bites with a crisp sugary kind of crust. The recipe called for chocolate kisses but I only had some candy cane ones left from Christmas so I used those ones and they were so good! I love chocolate mint though so I may be a bit biased.
- 1/2 C softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 C all purpose flour
- chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate in 30 second intervals. Stir after every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Beat butter, the rest of the granulated sugar and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix salt and baking powder.
- Mix the cocoa powder.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add one cup of flour and then mix before adding the second cup of flour.
- Mix until flour is fully incorporated.
11. Roll into smooth balls then roll into the granulated sugar you set aside from earlier.
12. Place on parchment paper 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes. (While first batch is baking I unwrap all the kisses so they are ready to go as soon as cookies are done.)
13. Immediately press a kiss into the top of each cookie.
14. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely and for chocolate to set.
Enjoy! I hope you like these. They are especially good right out of the oven all warm and gooey with a glass of milk. I will definitely be adding this recipe to my folder.
Do you have a favourite cookie recipe?