Hey everyone! I thought I’d do another Pinterest review as I find myself having a lot of extra time these days to try recipes. I went with cherry pie filling for various reasons.
- I had tart shells taking up space in my freezer left over from Christmas.
- I had frozen sour cherries from our trees taking up space in the freezer.
- I was looking for red recipes for Valentine’s week and cherries are perfect for that!
- The best reason: cherry pie filling is amazing!
This recipe is super easy (if your cherries are already pitted) and tastes so good! I can literally eat it by the spoonful. It only requires cherries, sugar and cornstarch. I used this recipe.
- 3 cups of pitted cherries ( I used Valentine cherries off our tree)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Place cherries and sugar in pot over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Mix cornstarch and just enough water in a bowl to form a smooth mixture then add to the cherries.
Make sure you add the cornstarch to the cherries before it comes to a boil or you might get cornstarch lumps!
4. Keep stirring until it comes to a boil and is slightly thickened and glossy then remove from heat.
They turned out perfectly and even better than store bought cherry pie filling. I will definitely be saving all the cherries from our trees this summer!
Do you have any go to pie filling recipes to share?